- 1 pound dried whole-grain linguine
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, cut into ribbons
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions, eliminating the salt.
Meanwhile, combine toasted almonds, parsley, oil, garlic, lemon zest, 2 cups baby spinach, no salt seasoning and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
In a large bowl, toss pasta, while still warm, with pesto mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup of baby spinach and tomatoes. Garnish with carrot ribbons on top. Serve immediately.
Note: Serve with Nutritional Yeast Seasoning in place of parmesan cheese.