- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 to 40 small button or cremini mushrooms (about 1-1/2 to 2-inch diameter)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- Garnish: cilantro and green onions (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove and reserve stems from mushrooms. Season mushroom caps with salt; set aside. Mince stems to yield 1/2 cup; discard remaining stems.
Combine ground beef, minced stems, blue cheese, breadcrumbs, chives and steak seasoning. Spoon beef mixture evenly into mushrooms.
Place stuffed mushrooms on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 375°F oven 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Utah Beef Council.