- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) uncooked plain couscous
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Prepare couscous according to package directions, making sure to fluff it with a fork when it’s cooked. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Pour the prepared couscous into a large mixing bowl. Add the cranberries, blue cheese, scallions, and pecans and pour the dressing evenly over the top. Mix everything together lightly with a fork so the ingredients are lightly coated with the dressing and the mixture stays fluffy. Taste the salad for seasoning, and add additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
Note: You can substitute feta or parmesan for the blue cheese.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market