Furious father shatters window at daughter’s strip club

Posted at 11:21 AM, Dec 03, 2014
and last updated 2014-12-03 13:21:31-05

Courtesy: Springfield Police Dept.

SPRINGFIELD, MA – A South Hadley man who was furious that his stepdaughter was dancing at an adult entertainment club in Springfield shattered a window on the club’s door with the butt of a loaded shotgun in an attempt to get inside the club after previously being thrown out.

State police and Springfield police responded to the bar at 775 Worthington St. at about 8:45 p.m. Sunday after someone at the club reported the altercation.

Springfield police Sgt. John Delaney said 51-year-old John Peloquin paid a bartender earlier in the week to call him if a certain dancer showed up to work.

“Turns out that the dancer he was so interested in was his stepdaughter,” Delaney said.

The dancer arrived to work Sunday night and the bartender made the call.

Peloquin went to the club and when he saw his stepdaughter take the stage he called her over to talk.

Their conversation turned into a loud argument and the manager approached Peloquin in an attempt to calm him down.

“Mr. Peloquin could not be calmed down,” Delaney said.

Peloquin was being escorted outside of the club when he pulled a shotgun shell out of his pocket and threw it at the manager and said, “There is another one waiting outside for you.”

Witnesses saw Peloquin go to his Jeep, retrieve a shotgun and make his way back towards the bar.

Employees locked the door but Peloquin shattered the window with the butt of the gun.

Police were then called to the scene.

Springfield police assisted state troopers, who were already on scene with their guns drawn ordering Peloquin to put the shotgun down.

Peloquin eventually complied with police orders and dropped the weapon.

Police handcuffed him and confiscated the shotgun, numerous shotgun shells and a small amount of marijuana on Peloquin, Delaney said.

Peloquin, of College Street, South Hadley, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, threat to commit a crime, malicious damage over $250, breach of peace while armed, improper storage of a firearm and carrying a loaded firearm, according to an arrest report.

Peloquin was held in the Springfield Police Department lockup and was arraigned in Springfield District Court Monday morning.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges and remains in jail.

He is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday for a hearing.