Chicken Curry and Rice Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup white rice, cooked
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless, cooked, diced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper; stirring occasionally. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent. Add curry powder; cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
Add rice, chicken and broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with cilantro, green onion and lime wedge.
Sponsor: Dan's Fresh Market