Quinoa, Cranberry, Pecan Salad
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 green onions, diced
- 10-12 basil leaves, torn
- For the dressing:
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Place in large bowl and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
To make dressing: Whisk together apple cider vinegar, orange zest and juice, honey, garlic, thyme, oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the dressing over quinoa; add cranberries, pecans, onions and basil. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for best flavor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute