Sending out holiday packages?
The USA Today has posted the top 5 shipping mistakes that cost you big at the most expensive time of the year. Tips from WKYC-TV
1. Ship directly to recipient – Many people order something online, ship it to themselves and then pack it back up and take it to the post office to send it to their friend or relative.
2. Made address list, check it twice – Even a minor address issue can cost $12 or more.
3. Don’t leave package dimension info blank – Many let the carrier fill out the package size which can add cost and, in some cases, slow down the shipping process.
4. Exploit the envelope – You’d be surprised how much you can fit in an envelope, like taking gift cards out of boxes and sliding them into a card.
5. National free shipping day – Thursday, Dec. 18 is National Free Shipping Day which means most major retailers offer free delivery in time for Christmas.