News

Actions

Roy home damaged, garage destroyed in fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:26 AM, Dec 23, 2014
and last updated 2014-12-23 09:26:41-05

ROY, Utah — Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish a fire that destroyed a garage and caused other damage at a Roy home late Monday night.

The fire started around 10 p.m. at a residence near 3400 W 5900 S. Fire officials said the fire started in the garage of the home and spread to a family room and an upstairs bedroom.

Captain Ron Lathem of the Roy City Fire Department praised his crew for their speedy response to the blaze.

“The guys did a great job. We figure we got water on this fire in about a minute and 30 seconds. So, from the time we arrived to the time we had water going through that garage door was about a minute thirty,” Lathem said.

The fire also destroyed an ATV and melted siding on a neighboring house.

No one was in the home at the time. Damage is estimated at $150,000.