- 1 pound pasta, any kind
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup pecans, walnuts and almonds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced or 25 grape tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Combine spinach, cilantro, nuts, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper in a blender. Stream in oil while blending.
Add the pesto to the warm, drained pasta and toss. Add additional parmesan cheese, tomatoes, cilantro. Serve immediately.