Jennifer Burns was in the FOX 13 Cafe making cheesy beef chili.
See the recipe and videos below:
Cheesy Beef Chili
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Shredded cheddar cheese (additional)
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Sour cream
- Tortilla strips
- Jalapeno slices
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally for about 4-6 minutes.
Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the ground beef, salt and pepper, breaking the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink.
Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, and beans; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes. Fold in the cheddar cheese. Serve with the additional cheese, scallions, sour cream, tortilla chips and jalapeno slices.