- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Serve with:
- 2 pitas, cut into quarters
- Celery stalks
- Baby carrots
- Bell pepper Strips
Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender; process until smooth. Place in serving bowl. Stir in sunflower seeds, celery, scallions, and parsley.
Serve with pitas and raw vegetables.
Note: Place some of this spread on sandwiches with veggies or lunchmeat. Add desired amount of olive oil for a richer version.