News

Actions

Roy house fire sends two toddlers to hospital; space heater to blame

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:11 AM, Jan 05, 2015
and last updated 2015-01-05 14:11:00-05

ROY, Utah - Two toddlers are recovering after a Roy family's home caught fire overnight.

Officials were called to the home near 20th W. and 49th S. in Roy at about 4:30 a.m.

Fire crews said all five family members got out before they arrived and found flames shooting from the front of the home.

The two children under the age of two suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Fire crews said a space heater was left on too close to clothing in the children's room.

Officials are still investigating.