Mini Cornbread Tamale Pies
- 1 package (15 oz.) cornbread mix
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black or white beans
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Mexican Blend cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Hot Sauce
- Sour Cream
Make the cornbread according to package directions.
In a Dutch oven or extra large frying pan, brown the ground beef with salt and pepper over medium to high heat. Saute the onion and garlic until softened. Add the tomatoes, beans, enchilada sauce, corn, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes.
To plate each serving, place a piece of the cornbread in the bottom of a bowl. Pour some of the meat mixture over it. Serve with preferred toppings.