- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. chicken strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/3 cup raisins, any kind
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro or basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
In a frying pan, bring 1 teaspoon of the oil up to medium high heat. Season the chicken with curry powder, no salt seasoning, pepper. Cook chicken strips for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through.
In medium saucepan, heat remaining teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in broth, remaining teaspoon of curry powder, no salt seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Uncover; fluff with fork.
Place couscous on a large serving platter. Add Greek yogurt to chicken, if using. Top couscous with chicken mixture. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute