Original air date: December 13, 2014
Graham cracker crust filling:
- 4-6 7oz pie tins
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter- melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Mix in a stainless steel bowl the graham cracker, melted butter and sugar until well mixed. Using a tablespoon measuring utensil, measure 3 tablespoons of graham cracker mix into each tin. Using the back of a measuring cup, even out the crust. Set aside and keep any extra crumbs for garnish.
- 2 eggs – well beaten
- 21 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4-6 graham cracker tins
Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Mix the well beaten eggs, condensed milk and lime juice together using a rubber spatula until well mixed and completely incorporated.
- Ladle 6oz of pie custard into the graham cracker tins. Make sure the top is even.
- Put on a sheet pan into the oven and cook for 8 minutes. The pie should be set but still a bit wobbly in the center.
- Place in the fridge to cool until cool through out.
- Using a knife, scrape along the outside of the pie and turn over onto a plate.
- The pie will come out perfectly.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a lime wedge.
Sponsor: Costa Vida