- 6 ounces whole-grain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Keep warm.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, no salt seasoning and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing frequently, until the tomatoes begin to soften, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add the spinach and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 1-2 minutes.
Add the pasta and cheese; toss to combine. Top with almonds. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute