- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb. rotisserie chicken, sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook the rice according to the package directions.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the yogurt, cream and tomatoes. Cook on medium low for 4-5 minutes.
Serve the chicken mixture over the rice. Garnish with cilantro and sunflower seeds.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market