- 1 lb. pasta, any kind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup cup Grandma Sandino’s Garlic Sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup Beehive Assiago Cheese, divided
- 1/2 baguette, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
In a large skillet, bring the oil up to medium high heat. Sauté the onion, carrots and celery with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil and 3/4 cup of the garlic sauce. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese on top.
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush remaining garlic sauce on each slice and top with remaining Asiago cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes. Serve slices with pasta.
Sponsor: Beehive Cheese and Grandma Sandino’s Sicilian Sauce