After years of being beaten by foreign models, American automakers once again make the top cars.
Consumer Reports has released its favorite cars list and for the first time since 1998, American models round out the top 3.
Tesla’s Model S was the overall best car.
The magazine described it as a “technological tour de force.”
But it’s also the most expensive at close to $90,000.
In at No. 2 is the Buick Regal sports sedan because of its “agility” that Consumer Reports says “defies Buick’s image as a maker of bland transportation.”
The Chevrolet Impala rounded out the top 3 because of its “roomy, comfortable seating” and its “smooth and responsive ride.”
The Subaru Legacy and Impreza also made the list.
- Best overall: Tesla Model S
- Compact car: Subaru Impreza
- Midsized sedan: Subaru Legacy
- Large car: Chevrolet Impala
- Luxury car: Audi A6
- Green car: Toyota Prius
- Sports sedan: Buick Regal
- Minivan: Honda Odyssey
- Small SUV: Subaru Forester
- Midsized SUV: Toyota Highlander