Chili Coated Shrimp over Corn and Pepper Relish
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine 2 teaspoons oil in a large bowl with the chili powder, shrimp, salt and pepper; toss well to coat. Set aside.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to pan with salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes; stirring occasionally. Stir in corn, vinegar; sugar and additional salt and pepper, if needed. Cook 1-2 minutes. Transfer corn mixture to a bowl. Cover; keep warm.
Wipe pan with a paper towel. Bring up to medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until done, turning once. Serve shrimp over corn and pepper mixture. Garnish with green onions.
Note: Reduce cooking time on shrimp if pre-cooked.
Sponsor: Dan's Market