- 8 ounces uncooked pasta, any kind
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk or cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup basil, cilantro or parsley, chopped
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large frying pan up to medium heat, melt butter. Whisk flour into pan until well blended. Gradually stir in milk or cream. Stir in mustard, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, drained pasta and cheese, if using. Sprinkle with nuts and basil, cilantro or parsley. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market