- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup clam juice or chicken stock
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces) chopped clams
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook linguine according to package directions.
Bring a large, deep frying pan up to medium heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, anchovy paste and thyme. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Whisk in flour, heavy cream or half and half, clam juice or stock.
Stir in clams and lemon zest. Add pasta to the pan; toss with sauce. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.