- 2 cups whole grain couscous
- 2 cups eggplant, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup basil, cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cook couscous according to package directions. Keep warm.
Combine eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons canola oil, no salt seasoning and pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Arrange mixture on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Stir in couscous and roasted eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes with juice on pan; cook an additional minute.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, no salt seasoning and pepper. Pour over couscous mixture. Top with basil, cilantro or parsley and nuts.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute