- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 whole grain buns, split
- 4 tomato slices
- No Salt Seasoning and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients with no salt seasoning and pepper. Form four patties. Heat a large skillet or grill to medium high heat. Coat the pan or grill with the canola oil. Cook the burgers to desired doneness.
In a blender or food processor, combine the almonds and the next 4 ingredients (through lemon zest) with no salt seasoning and pepper. Toast the buns. To plate open face style, place a half bun on four plates, drizzle some of the pesto sauce on each bun. Top with a burger and tomato slice. Drizzle additional pesto on top. Serve immediately.
Note: the extra pesto will keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 4-5 days.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute