Get Up and Go Burritos
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican seasoning
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium spinach or flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- 1/2 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- Toppings: Fat free dairy sour cream, additional prepared thick-and-chunky salsa (optional)
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine beef strips and Mexican seasoning in medium bowl; toss to coat.
Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot.
Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt, as desired; keep warm. Wipe out skillet using paper towels, if necessary.
Combine whole eggs, egg whites and water in small bowl. Spray same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until scrambled and just set.
Layer 1/4 of beef on each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border on right and left sides; top with 2 tablespoons salsa, 1/4 of eggs and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up tightly. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council