- 1 pound whole wheat pasta, any kind
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or torn
Cook pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
Coat a frying pan or skillet with the oil over medium to high heat. Cook tomatoes, artichoke hearts, oregano, red pepper flakes, no salt seasoning and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and toss with warm pasta. Top with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute