- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 small baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes (4-5 cups)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup black, green or kalamata olives, pitted
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat grapeseed oil in a large frying pan. Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned. Add more olive oil as needed.
Place the cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. While still whisking, add the olive oil. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables. Add the feta, olives and bread cubes and mix together lightly. Set aside for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market