- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 20-25 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 (12-ounce) French baguette
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Stir together tomatoes, vinegar, 2 teaspoons of oil, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside Combine cheese and half of basil in a bowl; stir and set aside.
Cut bread diagonally into 20 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Place on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of slices evenly with remaining olive oil. Bake for 4-5 minutes until lightly toasted. Rub cut sides of garlic over bread slices when removed from oven.
Spread approximately 1/2 tablespoon cheese mixture evenly over each bread slice. Top evenly with tomato mixture, and sprinkle remaining basil over the top.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market