Mom, daughter of Highland crash now in same hospital thanks to anonymous donor

Posted at 10:11 PM, May 27, 2015

PROVO, Utah -- For two days Stuart Anderson has been torn between two hospitals, following a car accident Monday involving his wife and teenage daughter.

The wife, Christine Anderson, was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, while his daughter, 16-year-old Maylee Anderson, was taken to Utah Valley Medical Center in Provo.

On Wednesday an anonymous Good Samaritan came forward and donated the money needed to bring both women together. Within a few hours Christine was transported by ambulance to Utah Valley Medical Center.

"I would just say thank you so much it's been so meaningful just awesome," Stuart Anderson said. "Now with them both here under the same roof it's just a quick elevator ride from the second floor to the sixth and a couple minutes and we are together."

Stuart Anderson and his son Ben said the hospital didn't even give them the option to move Christine, saying it was too expensive.

"I just think it's incredible somebody out there is willing to pay for something that I wouldn't say is simple but something like that, the fact that they were that kind," Ben said.

Stuart Anderson said he hadn't seen his wife since she and their daughter were involved in the crash. Maylee's condition was too critical for her to be moved -- it had to be Christine Anderson.

"I haven't smiled this much since Monday, it's just awesome to have them together here," Stuart Anderson said.

On Wednesday afternoon, Maylee was able to wiggle her feet. Stuart Anderson said these are moments that no one should miss, and because of one stranger's generosity, no one will.

"I will take one little miracle a day and I'll live on that and pray for the best," Stuart Anderson said.

Christine Anderson is expected to make a full recovery and should be released from the hospital within the next week.

The prognosis for Maylee is more uncertain. She lost an eye in the crash but she does have vision in the other eye.

The teen also suffered severe injuries to her head and face. The family said they are just taking it day by day.