- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 lb. 1/4-inch-thick pork loin cutlets, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 (6”) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 8 lime wedges
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Fresh salsa, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, bring 1 tablespoon of oil up to medium high heat. Cook pork slices with half the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper for 1-3 minutes per side (less cooking time needed for very thinly sliced pork). Remove from pan; cover and keep warm. In the same pan, add remaining oil, onions, pepper, remaining chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes until slightly soft.
Serve pork mixture in tortillas. Serve with avocado on top squeezed with lime wedge. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market