- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 6-ounce can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 8 to 12 large iceberg lettuce leaves, cleaned and dry
- Shredded carrots, for serving
- Bean sprouts, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
For the filling: Brown the turkey in the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms, scallions, garlic and water chestnuts, and cook until the mushrooms soften. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar, pour over the turkey mixture and cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
For the drizzling sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, mustard, Sriracha, sesame oil and 1/4 cup water.
Serve the turkey mixture with the lettuce leaves, drizzling sauce and vegetables for lettuce wrap assembly.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market