- 1 lb. whole grain pasta, any kind
- 1¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 lb. crab meat, any kind, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups spinach
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a blender, add 1 cup of the parsley, garlic clove, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, no salt seasoning and pepper. Stream in the oil. Set aside.
In a large frying pan or Dutch oven up o medium heat, stir in cooked pasta, pesto, stock, red pepper flakes, no salt seasoning and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add crab meat, tomatoes and remaining teaspoon of lemon zest. Stir together. Cook another 3-4 minutes. Mix in spinach.
Serve in individual bowls or on a large platter. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute