- 1/2 medium lemon, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans
- 2 peeled hard-boiled eggs (whites only), chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
Combine the lemon juice, zest, mustard, shallot, oil, no salt seasoning and pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
Holding on to the stem end of the Brussels sprouts, thinly slice them crosswise until you get within 1/2 inch of the stem. Discard the stems.
Whisk the lemon juice dressing mixture. Add the Brussels sprouts, nuts, eggs and cheese, if using. Mix well. Let sit at room temperature until the sprouts slightly soften and the flavors combine, about 15 minutes. Toss again; serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute