Chef Aaron Ballard For Harmons
- 6 Harmons Black and Blue Burgers
- 2 cups Red Bell Pepper strips pickled in Ginger vinegar (also called a shrub)
- 2 cups Red Cabbage slaw
- 12 slices Boars Head horseradish white cheddar
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- Spicy ketchup (you can make your own by adding Sriracha to ketchup)
- 6 egg buns or brioche buns
Cook burgers until they reach an internal temp of 165F. You can speed this up on the grill by capping your burgers with a small metal bowl. Be sure to handle it with care as it will be hot.
Lather both sides of your bun with mayo as it will help create a barrier that will keep the bun from getting soggy.
Place burger on bun and assemble in this order; bun, burger, two slices of cheese, a few pinches of slaw (recipe below), pickled peppers (recipe below), a dollop of ketchup and finally the top bun.