- 2 medium russet potatoes or 6 small red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chives or 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach or chopped regular spinach
- 2 to 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Toss with oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender.
For the dressing, mix the sour cream or yogurt, milk, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice and honey in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
While potatoes are still hot, place in a bowl. Mix half the dressing into the potatoes. Set aside.
Preheat a grill to high heat. Brush the steak and onion rings with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak to desired doneness. Grill the onion rings until charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the steak and onion rings to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
Roughly chop the onion rings and toss with the spinach and desired amount of the remaining dressing. Thinly slice the steak. Divide the salad among plates, top with the steak and potatoes. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council