SALT LAKE CITY -- The Days of 47 Parade will commemorate Pioneer Day Friday, and while residents can begin to secure their spots along the parade route beginning Thursday night, police are reminding the community of a few rules.
The list of rules below is courtesy the Salt Lake City Police Department:
• For the benefit of everyone and fairness to all, please do not set up prior to 8 p.m. or save space tomorrow evening (Thursday) along the parade route.
• You may only use a canopy or see-through tents along the route.
• Please do not block the right-of-way along the sidewalks/roadways.
• Please do not park any vehicle along the route after 8 p.m. tomorrow evening (Thursday) or it will be towed.
• For the safety and comfort of everyone, and with the exception of service animals, no dogs are permitted along the parade route.
The press release states that residents should be aware that closures for the parade will begin shortly before 5 a.m. Friday and the closures will be in place until about noon. Vehicle travel in the area is "not advised during this time" and police urge the public to plan ahead for the closures.
FOX 13 News' Danica Lawrence spoke to several Utahns who were taking steps to secure their traditional spots along the parade route, see the video above for their interviews.
Police also provided a map of the parade route, see below for that image.