CLEARFIELD, Utah — A second-story balcony apartment in Clearfield sustained fire damage from a reported cigarette Saturday afternoon, according to fire officials.
At about 2:30 p.m., Clearfield Fire Department responded to an apartment building at 1080 S. 1500 East.
When they arrived a balcony on the second story was on fire. Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames, according to Mont Andersen, spokesman for Clearfield fire.
Andersen said a cigarette or a spark got caught between concrete flooring and two wooden beams setting the wood facing on fire. The fire caused about $1,000 in damage.
No injuries were reported.