Spinach and Orange Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 orange, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a small dry frying pan, toast nuts for 4-5 minutes on low heat or until golden brown. Let cool.
In a large bowl add spinach, orange and red onion. Add pepper, to taste. In a blender, combine the oil, avocado, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend well. Add additional oil for a thinner version.
Pour desired amount of dressing on salad; toss well. Serve immediately. Remainder of dressing will keep 3-4 days in sealed container in refrigerator.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market