by Chef Vaughn
- ½ Filet of Salmon—Skin Off
- 1 t Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Salt
1 Piece of alder wood (or wood of choice) soaked in water overnight. Other types of wood that work well are cedar, mesquite and red oak.
Or soak in pineapple juice, apple juice, white wine, lemon juice, or combination of any or all listed.
Put salmon on wood plank and bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes
Serve Hot with Pineapple Chutney
- ½ Pineapple—Small Diced
- 2 T Corn Syrup
- 2 T Honey
- 2 T Vinegar
- 2 T Butter
- 2 T Pickled Ginger—Chopped
- ½ Clove of garlic—Finely chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Red Onion—Dice (and Sauté)
Sauté in butter, onions, garlic, ginger, and pineapple
Add all other ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.