Kraft is expanding the recall on cases of individually-wrapped cheese singles because part of the wrapper could become a choking hazard.
The original recall of about 36,000 cases included certain 3- and 4-pound packages of American and white American slices, Kraft said and the company is now adding additional sizes and varieties.
- 4-lb. Kraft Singles American
- 3-lb. Kraft Singles American (3 1-lb. packages)
- 4-lb. Kraft Singles White American
- 3-lb. Kraft Singles White American
- 1-lb. Kraft Singles White American
- 1-lb. Kraft Singles
- 3-lb. Deli Deluxe Kraft American Singles
- 3-lb. Kraft Singles American (72 individually-wrapped Singles in cardboard carton)
Kraft said all of the recalled products are stamped with a “Best When Used By” date between Dec. 15 and Feb. 16 except the Deli Deluxe Kraft American Singles which are dated Jan. 16 through March 16.
Those affected will also have the manufacturing code “S54” or “S55” stamped after the date.
“A thin strip of the individual packaging film may remain adhered to the slice after the wrapper has been removed,” Kraft said. “If the film sticks to the slice and is not removed, it could potentially cause a choking hazard.”
The company said it has received 10 complaints and three reports of choking.
The affected packages were distributed to the United States, Puerto Rico and Grand Cayman.
Anyone with a package included in the recall should return it to the store for an exchange or a refund, Kraft said.