Elisa Barber with the Baking Hive, shares her healthy take on homemade ice cream. For more from Elissa, go here.
Greek Honey and Sea Salt Ice Cream and Poached Summer Peaches
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup honey greek yogurt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup honey (can use a Greek honey or clover honey)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pour the whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Mix whipping cream on high speed until the whipping cream forms stiff peaks, about 2 minutes. You can also use a bowl and a hand mixer, or a bowl and a whisk.
- Gently fold the 1/2 cup honey Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup honey, sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt into the whipped cream. Stir gently until completely combined. Pour into a freezer-safe container with airtight lid.
- Freeze for over night (6-8 hours) or until hard enough to scoop.
FOR THE PEACHES:
4 Ripe Summer Peaches
Poach the peaches by placing them in a bowl and pouring boiling water over them. Let peaches sit for about 10 min, then drain off water, peel, and slice.
TO SERVE: place sliced peaches in a dessert cup/bowl, scoop a nice helping of ice cream on top and drizzle with more honey and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt