- 4 medium bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb. ground chicken (white meat only)
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts or almonds, chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into ½” pieces
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cut the tops off of the peppers and scrape out the insides. Place peppers in a casserole dish.
Brown the chicken with no salt seasoning and pepper. Drain off excess fat. In a bowl, combine the almond butter, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and cilantro. Fold into the chicken. Spoon the mixture into the peppers. Add 4 tablespoons of hot water to bottom of baking dish. Cover the baking dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Top with nuts and green onions.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute