- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons non-fat milk
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
For the Glaze
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Bring a large skillet up to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, parsley, tomato paste or ketchup, garlic, milk, no salt seasoning and pepper. Whisk mixture together. Add the ground chicken and breadcrumbs.
Add canola oil to pan. Combine meat mixture your hands. Form medium size balls.
Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball registers 160 degrees. For the glaze, add all ingredients into a large bowl. Add meatballs into bowl and gently toss. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute