If you and your partner are expecting a baby, there are many important things to consider when preparing for the childbirth process. Personalized pregnancy options that reflect the mother’s preferences and medical needs are key to her comfort and overall experience. After speaking to the obstetrician or certified nurse-midwife, the mother can then make informed decisions regarding her labor and delivery.
What is a certified nurse-midwife?
A certified nurse-midwife (CNM) provides a full range of services to women who are expecting. CNMs are trained in both nursing and midwifery and commonly provide their services in a hospital setting and work very closely with physicians on staff. Services may include:
- Family planning services
- Reproductive education
- Gynecological checkups
- Preconception planning and care
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Labor and delivery
Important Pregnancy Plan Questions:
- At what point in labor do I want to go to the medical center?
- What type of delivery do I want (natural, vaginal, cesarean delivery)?
- Do I want a certified nurse-midwife involved?
- Can I personalize the environment in the labor and delivery suite?
- Who do I want present during labor and delivery?
- What labor position do I prefer?
- Do I want medication during labor and delivery?
Remember, this is your body and your pregnancy, so don’t hesitate to ask your obstetrician or certified nurse-midwife questions about your pregnancy options.
What are labor tubs?
Labor tubs are used to relax the mother during labor and before childbirth. The buoyancy experienced in the tubs can help take pressure and weight off of the mother’s body, which can create a more soothing experience during labor.
Mountain Point Medical Center Women’s Services
Mountain Point Medical Center offers comprehensive women’s care, including personalized pregnancy options within spacious, spa-like labor and delivery suites. Mountain Point Medical Center also offers the option of using labor tubs during early labor and before delivery.