Blogger and cookbook author Karen Petersen shows us how to make Slow Cooker Hot Fudge cake in minutes!
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownie Cake
Makes 8 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: the 3 quart casserole crock works perfect for this recipe
Cooking time: 2-3 hours
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
3 Tbsp cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cups boiling water hot milk
1. In a large bowl mix together 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 Tbsp cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
2. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Spread over the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle mixture over the batter in the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Warm up 1 3/4 cup of milk in the microwave. (I put mine in a glass pyrex measuring cup in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. It didn't boil but was close to it.) Don't stir the milk into the batter. During baking, the top layer bakes into a cake and the bottom layer turns into a fudgy pudding/hot fudge sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH 2-3 hours or until center is almost set.
5. Scoop cake out into a serving bowl. Drizzle with the fudge sauce that is underneath the cake part. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.