- 1 pound whole wheat pasta, any kind
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 medium garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no added salt chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley or basil leaves, chopped
- 1 can tuna low sodium, packed in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large frying pan up to medium heat, sauté 1 teaspoon olive oil and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add capers, olives, tomatoes, oregano, no salt seasoning and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, parsley or basil, tuna, remaining oil and no salt seasoning and pepper. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute