Grill master Susie Bulloch shows us how to make one of her favorite tailgating recipes. For more from her go here.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
Fresh jalapenos are halved and seeded before being stuffed with cream cheese and raspberry jam then wrapped in bacon. The sweet and spicy bites are grilled until the jalapenos are tender and the bacon is crisp.
Servings 4-6 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
• 9 medium jalapenos
• 4 oz softened cream cheese
• 1/4 cup raspberry jelly
• 18 slices bacon
1. Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and clean out the ribs and seeds with a spoon.
2. Fill each jalapeno with a small spoonful of both the cream cheese and the raspberry jam. Wrap in a slice of bacon, securing the ends with a toothpick if necessary.
3. When ready to cook, prepare your grill for indirect cooking. If you are cooking on gas, turn the burner temperature down to medium low. If you are cooking over charcoal, pile the coals in the middle and arrange the poppers around the outside of the grill. If you are cooking with a pellet grill, set the temperature and allow the grill to preheat for 10-15 minutes before putting the poppers on. You are looking for a grill temperature of about 350 degrees F.
4. Grill the poppers for 25-30 minutes, turning as necessary to crisp the bacon. Serve immediately and enjoy!