- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb. sirloin steaks, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup white or red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 (13.5-oz). can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 large lime, zest finely grated, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts or any nut, chopped
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the sirloin tips with salt and pepper. Cook the beef for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce the heat to medium. Saute the onions and ginger, in the same pan, with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes.. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring frequently, about 30 seconds. Stir in 1/4 cup of the broth and 1/3 cup of the coconut milk, stirring until the curry has blended. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and broth. Add the fish sauce.
Increase the heat to medium high. Return the beef to the pan (along with any juices), reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish each serving with cilantro and nuts. Serve with the lime wedges.
Note: Serve over rice noodles or rice.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council