Chef Anni Mckinnion and her two daughters Katie and Kylee Varga with Salt Lake County Healthy Meals shows us how to make healthy baked tilapia with a mango avocado salsa.
Baked Tilapia with Mango Avocado Salsa
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10-12 minutes
6 tilapia fillets
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
½ tsp salt
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
1 large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
2 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Lemon juice to taste
Lime juice to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Spray a shallow dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place tilapia in dish and brush with olive oil.
3. Combine black pepper, cumin, paprika, salt, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Sprinkle the desired amount on each fillet.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the fish begins to flake apart
5. While the fish cooks, add mango, avocado, and cilantro to any leftover spices in the bowl. Mix together and mash slightly with a fork. Squeeze some lemon and lime juice into the salsa mixture.
6. Serve salsa mixture on top of cooked tilapia