by Chef Vaughn
Ingredients for homemade Catsup (1st step)
- 30 Medium Tomatoes peeled and (cooked down to 6 cups)
- 2/3 C White Sugar
- ¾ C Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Small Diced Whole Onion
- 2 T Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 1 T Mustard
- 1 ¾ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper
Added Ingredients for homemade BBQ sauce (2nd step)
- 3 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Honey
- 1 Onion—chopped
- Liquid Smoke (if needed)
- Place peeled and seeded tomatoes into a large heavy bottom pan and bring to boil.
- Then, add the ingredients in first step
- Cook on simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half and very thick (10-12 hours) Stir every hour or so.
- Smooth the texture of the ketchup using an immersion blender (about 20 seconds)
- Add remaining ingredients (homemade BBQ Sauce) and cook for an additional 8 hours. No need for liquid smoke if you have smoke drippings from the smoked pork.
- Lay out Crescent rolls and spread a thin layer of BBQ Sauce across.
- Add Slices of Cheese, Pork and a few slices of green onion.
- Roll Up and Cook until Golden Brown 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
**Goes great with coleslaw.